Friday 4 September 2009



Sorry I'm just getting around to writing about Mali but I had to get back into the Moz groove and plant my garden and such. As for Mali it was GREAT! It was so good to just be there and be able to dream about what life might look like and how different things could be reconciled. Like harmful animistic and muslim practices, agriculture and increasing a variety in their diet because they pretty much only eat maize, sanitation with latrines and clean water and healthcare with sustainable natural medicines because they are unable to afford almost all western medicine. Seeing the people suffer was hard but good for me in the since that it has welled up a passion in me that I believe can only be quenched by going there and doing everything I can to help. One of the hardest days was when we stumbled across the forth picture below of the kids in the dump what u cant see is their house just to the right.  So seeing the kids run around in literal crap and trash was needless to say hard... Well the pictures below that one were all from timbuktu where we got a tour of the city by a local pastor that we had a contact to. The first picture below was us riding donkeys from a dogon village back into town. Below that was a sandstorm that came over us which was kind of crazy and below that was a mosque in a dogon village which is really pretty but that about it because they don't pray in it or even have an imam. So its more like just the cool thing to do is to be muslim but at heart they are all animistic at least thats what I have concluded thus far. Well let me know if there are any questions about Mali because thats about all I can easily conclude. love yall!

1 comment:

  1. Randall,
    I know the conflict (why & how) that reigns within you for the way these amazing people live. Marcus & I have been to Uganda 2 times, and so much appreciation for the people that work to make a difference.
    So proud of you and your desire to serve others.
    Debby McCrary

    ReplyDelete