Saturday 18 July 2009

Well I'm moving into a new era I'm my time here all the other interns have left but a girl from portugal is here and me and her are designing a permaculture plan for the farm. This term permaculture is new to me but I will explain it the best I can. Permaculture is a combination of two things permanent agriculture and permanent culture meaning this a plan to both have a sustainable source of agriculture and to preserve the culture of any people. So in my design I must efficiently place the house structure, plants, dams, living fences, animals, water systems, sewage systems to where EVERYTHING is benefitting something just as everything is being benefitted. These methods focus on using only renewable sources of energy like solar panels and water turbines. The goal is to set up a system that is self sustaining where it can run on its own on a day to day basis where you would work a total of like 30 days out of the year yet you would have a constant source of food. So designing this has been a challenge but fun because in this process they are becoming more responsible in their actions with the earth. So ill keep you updated on how the process is going we are still in the research stage but toying with designs till then much love to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment